Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Week #7


I LOVE THE SYNOPSIS OF THE FOUR GOSPELS!

Basically, this post is going to revolve around my new found love of the Synopsis that we have been studying for class.

It is amazing and totally feeds my OCD need for order and organization.

I must admit, I have never fully read the Bible, and the selections that I have read in the past confused me. Reading the gospels in this order, broken down into significant events, side by side, has helped me significantly. I am able understand the teachings of Jesus so much better when I am able to consecutively read four different versions of the event.

Another reason why the Synopsis is making such an impact on my religious education is the ease in which readers may observe trends and characteristics in the authors themselves. We discussed a few of these specific tendencies in class, but as I continued to study the Synopsis on my own, they became even more distinct apparent.

For my Digging Deeper assignment I am studying and researching the Last Supper scene, including Pericope #308: Preparation for the Passover, Pericope #310: Jesus Foretells His Betrayal, and Pericope #311: The Last Supper. Through the use of the Synopsis, I have come to realize even the minor alteration in events and phrasing can be significant in such an influential portion of the gospels.

In addition to studying the Last Supper in the Bible, I will be comparing Leonardo Da Vinci's "The Last Supper" and analyzing it is biblically accurate. I have had difficulty finding other sources to support this addition to my essay, but hopefully I will be able to dig up some more information within the next couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment