In Class Write #3
I approached this course with the honest intention of learning about the New Testament, and filling in the gaps in my faith. Though my determination and dedication wanes periodically, I do believe that I have made great strides in reaching my personal goal of more in-depth understanding. I do not always maintain level one thinking, but I constantly try to truly grasp the message of each of the readings to further my comprehension. Until this course, I had never read the Bible; however, now I have read all four gospels, compared them, and have moved on the the remainder of the New Testament. Borg's "Jesus", was very interesting to me because he brought forth so many different perspectives of Jesus and the factors that contributed to the his divinity. I was not as fond of "Let Your Life Speak", mainly because I had not entirely grasped the messages of the gospels quite yet. I approached this course differently then my other classes because I knew the immense importance that the New Testament study has on my life, both now and in the future. It is easier to take assignments seriously when you know that they are directly beneficial.
No comments:
Post a Comment