Thursday, April 28, 2011

Video Essay Reflection

The video essay held personal importance because it allowed me to reflect both upon what I have learned in the course, as well as what is important to me in regards to my faith. I believe that I did well on my presentation because the short video was honestly a labor of love. It was apparent in my classmates' videos who actually felt passionate about their topic, rather than just going through the motions to complete the task. Overall, I thought that each of the videos were interesting in their own ways, and the each revealed details about their set of beliefs, opinions, and faith. I know that my video revealed the strong, unspoken importance of family in my life. This is a detail that my classmates would not have otherwise known. I feel that these videos brought us closer to both ourselves and each other.

I definitely believe that you should include this assignment in the curriculum next semester. However, I think that for a lot of students they merely recreated a visual of their digging deeper assignment, which was not the intended goal. Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoyed both creating my own video and viewing those of my classmates. Thank you for a great semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment